To search for a particular term please use the following search box.
Important Notice : Lawyerintl.com strongly recommends that you seek independent legal advice from a qualified lawyer before using any of the forms on this site, in order that you can verify the forms are suitable for your needs.
Negotiable Warehouse Receipt
NEGOTIABLE WAREHOUSE RECEIPT
Consecutive number [Consecutive number]
Warehouse company [Warehouse company]
This is to certify that we have received in storage warehouse [Name of Storage Warehouse] at [Address of Storage Warehouse], [City of Storage Warehouse], [State of Storage Warehouse], for the account of [Name of Depositor], residing at [Address of Depositor], [City of Depositor], County, [State of Depositor], the property described below.
The goods are in apparent good order, except as noted on this receipt contents, condition, and quality unknown. Storage and delivery of these goods are subject to all the terms and conditions contained in this receipt and on its reverse side.
Such property shall be delivered to [Name of Depositor]'s order, on the payment of all storage, handling, and other charges and the surrender of this warehouse receipt properly indorsed.
Lot No. Quantity Contain Marks
[Lot No. 1] [Quantity 1] [Contain 1] [Marks 1]
[Lot No. 2] [Quantity 2] [Contain 2] [Marks 2]
[Lot No. 3] [Quantity 3] [Contain 3] [Marks 3]
THIS WAREHOUSE RECEIPT IS NEGOTIABLE.
This receipt is valid only when signed by one of the following officers:
[Name of Warehouse company] claims a lien pursuant to [Citation of local enactment of UCC $ 7-209] for all lawful charges for storage and preservation of the goods; also for all lawful claims for money advanced, interest, insurance, transportation, labor, weighing, coopering, and other charges and expenses, in relation to such goods.
Storage: [Storage Rate] per box per month from [Storage date].
Handling: [Handling Rate] per box, in and out, inclusive.
Advances have been made and liability incurred on such goods as follows:
This receipt: [Advances for this receipt]
Coopering: [Advances for Coopering]
Cartage: [Advances for Cartage]
Freight: [Advances for Freight]
Weighing: [Advances for Weighing]
Miscellaneous Advances: [Advances for Miscellaneous]
Shipped from: [Advances for Shipped from]
By [signature of authorized officer]
The goods listed below are hereby released from this receipt for delivery from the warehouse. Any unreleased balance of the goods is subject to a lien for unpaid charges and advances on the released portion.
Quantity Said to Be Due On
Date Lot No. Released Signature Receipt
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Tender for storage. (a) All goods for storage shall be delivered at the warehouse properly marked and packed for handling. Depositor shall furnish at or prior to such delivery, a manifest showing marks, brands or sizes to be kept and accounted for separately and the class of storage desired; otherwise, the goods may be stored in bulk or assorted lots, in freezer, cooler or general storage at the discretion of warehouseman and will be charged for accordingly.
(b) The word lot as used in this receipt means the unit or units of goods for which a separate account is to be kept by warehouseman. Delivery of all or any units of a lot shall be made without subsequent sorting except by special arrangement and subject to a charge.
(c) Warehouseman undertakes to store and deliver goods only in the packages in which they are originally received.
2. Storage period. (a) All goods are stored on a month to month basis unless otherwise provided. A storage month shall extend from a date in one calendar month to, but not including, the same date of the next and all succeeding calendar months, but if there is no corresponding date in the next succeeding calendar month, it shall extend to and include the last day of that month. When the last day of a final storage month falls on Sunday or a legal holiday, the storage month shall be deemed to expire on the next succeeding business day.
(b) Except where other procedure is provided by [cite local enactment of Article 7 of the Uniform Commercial Code], warehouseman may, on written notice to the depositor of record and to any other person known by warehouseman to claim an interest in the goods, require the removal of any goods by the end of the next succeeding storage month. Such notice shall be given by delivery in person or by registered letter addressed to the last known place of business or abode of the person to be notified.
3. Insurance, storage rates, expiration and transfers. (a) All charges for storage are on a month to month basis unless otherwise provided. Charges for any particular lot shall begin at the receipt of the first unit of that particular lot in store and shall continue and include the storage month during which the last unit of the particular lot is delivered. Charges shall be made on the basis of the maximum number of units in any particular lot in store during a storage month. All charges for storage are due on the first day of a storage month and all other charges are due when incurred.
(b) Instructions to transfer goods on the books of warehouseman are not effective until delivered to and accepted by warehouseman, and all charges up to the time transfer is made are chargeable to the depositor of record. Transfers involving rehandling the goods will be subject to a charge.
(c) Warehouseman reserves the right to move, at its own expense of transfer, and on notice sent by registered mail to the depositor of record and to the last known holder of this negotiable warehouse receipt, any goods in storage from any room of the warehouse in which they may be stored to any other of its rooms or warehouses; but, if such depositor or holder takes delivery of its goods in lieu of transfer, no storage charges shall be made for the current storage month.
(d) When rates are quoted by weight they will, unless otherwise specified, be computed on gross weight and 2,000 pounds shall constitute a ton.
(e) Goods are not insured nor do storage rates include insurance unless so specified in writing.
4. Handling. (a) Handling charges cover the ordinary labor and duties incidental to receiving goods at warehouse door, stowing and delivering to warehouse door, but do not include unloading or loading of cars, vehicles or vessels, unless so specified. Handling charges will be billed with the storage for the first month.
(b) Goods received or delivered during other than usual business hours, at depositors request, will be subject to an additional charge.
5. Car unloading and loading. (a) Charges for unloading or loading of cars include use of switch track, labor required to or from warehouse door, and billing of car.
(b) Dunnage and fastenings supplied by warehouseman and used in loading out cars are chargeable to depositor.
(c) Any additional costs incurred by warehouseman in unloading cars containing damaged goods are chargeable to depositor.
(d) Warehouseman, unless it has failed to exercise due care and diligence, shall not be responsible for demurrage, nor for delays in unloading inbound cars, nor for delays in obtaining cars for outbound shipments.
6. Delivery requirements. (a) No goods shall be delivered or transferred except on receipt by warehouseman of complete instructions properly signed by depositor.
(b) When a negotiable receipt has been issued no goods covered by that receipt shall be delivered, or transferred on the books of warehouseman, unless the receipt, properly indorsed, is surrendered for cancellation, or for indorsement of partial delivery thereon.
(c) When goods are ordered out, a reasonable time shall be given warehouseman to carry out instructions, and if it is unable, due to causes beyond its control, to effect delivery before expiring storage dates, the goods will be subject to charges for another storage month; except when warehouseman has given notice in accordance with the provisions of paragraph 2(b), or because of fire, acts of God, war, public enemies, seizure under legal process, strikes, or lockouts, riots and civil commotions, if it is unable due to causes beyond its control to effect delivery before the expiring storage date, the goods shall be subject to storage charges only for that part of the month during which the goods remain in store.
7. Bonded stores. A charge in addition to regular rates will be made for merchandise in bond.
8. Minimum charges. A minimum charge of Dollars [$] per [box] will be assessed for storage, handling and other services.
9. Extra service. (a) Extra services in the interest of depositor, such as special warehouse space, material, drayage, repairing, coopering, sampling, weighing, repiling, inspection, physical warehouse checking, compiling stock statements, collections, revenue stamps, reporting marked weights or numbers, handling railroad expense bills, etc., are chargeable to depositor.
(b) Stock statements submitted in duplicate by depositor will be checked with the books of warehouseman without charge.
(c) Shipping includes marking, tagging, billing, procuring and forwarding bills of lading and is chargeable to depositor.
(d) Freight and other disbursements made on behalf of depositor are due and payable on demand and subject to interest from date billed by warehouseman.
(e) Depositor, including holders of negotiable receipts, may, subject to insurance regulations and reasonable limitations, have access to their goods in store when accompanied by a warehouse employee whose time is chargeable to depositor.
10. Liability. (a) The responsibility of warehouseman, in the absence of written provisions, is the reasonable care and diligence required by law.
(b) Perishable goods, or goods that are susceptible to damage through temperature changes or other causes incident to general storage, are accepted in general storage only at owners risk for such damages as might result from general storage conditions.
11. Schedule of charges. Whenever provision is made in these terms and conditions for a charge or charges by warehouseman, such charge or charges will conform to warehousemans tariff in effect at the time the charge accrues or the service is performed, except that no increase in charges within the direct control of warehouseman will be made on goods that are in storage without a thirty day notice mailed to the depositor of record or the last known holder of this negotiable warehouse receipt.